We live in a society which puts a high price on looks and established some beauty standards impossible to achieve by the majority of people. Everywhere we turn, on TV, on magazines or on billboards we see beautiful skinny girls and men with perfect abs. Trying desperately to fit into these patterns, ordinary people end up sacrificing their health and in some extreme cases even life. Considering that most people live a sedentary life without exercising on a regular basis and with unhealthy eating habits, it is not a huge surprise the fact that obesity became a health problem all over the world. The hectic lifestyle, with long hours at the office and always on the run eventually takes a toll on the body.
When realizing that the extra weight is becoming a problem most people try to find a solution which brings results fast. When they delay in appearing most of them feel discouraged and give up on trying. Fighting with overweight requires determination and patience. The first step is to change the unhealthy habits and get a gym membership or commit to regular runs in the park. The second step is to modify the eating style, which proves to be the hardest part in the majority of cases.
Contents of this article
A Diet Which Brings Results
If decided to take measures and lose some weight it is not difficult to find inspiration for diet. The Internet offers hundreds, even thousands of diets to choose from. Unfortunately, each body is different, and if a diet worked wonders for someone, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will work the same for someone else. So, finding the right diet is the first challenge. Choosing among the most popular diets out there might require some professional help, so a nutritionist or a doctor could offer some guidance according to your needs. There is a trend even for diets and here are some of the most popular ways to lose weight which got great reviews in the past years:
- The Atkins Diet – is considered one of the best high protein diets of the moment. Even if this diet has been around for decades, now is more popular and controversial than This is a dietary plan which puts a lot of emphasis on high-protein, low-carb meals, and snacks. The advantage is that one rarely feels hungry due to the unlimited protein and fats allowed to be eaten. Recently the vegan version of the diet appeared, so one doesn’t have to give up on its principals.
- The Kind Diet – is part of the vegan diet category and is promoted by Alicia Silverstone. She credits the great looking hair and glowing skin to her eating habits. The diet encourages people to eat a wide range of whole foods without using any animal products.
- The Mediterranean Diet – promotes complete meals to support overall health. It is focused on the eating habits from Southeastern Europe and includes fish, olive oil, dairy products, and veggies. Besides, it is one of the few eating plans which allows you to enjoy a glass of wine after a long day at the
- The DASH Diet – is recommended by The National Institute of Health in America and limits the foods that are high in saturated fat. Instead, it is recommended vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, fish, poultry, beans, nuts, and vegetable oils. It is not a difficult plan to follow through and turn into a lifestyle.
- The South Beach Diet – will have you ready for the bikini in a short time due to the high-protein and low-carb meal plan. The meals proposed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner are delicious and with the list of snacks you are allowed to indulge you won’t feel like dieting at all.
Sometimes the idea of keeping a diet is difficult to bare. The idea of restrictions and starving makes most people cheat so that results will delay. If determined to change your life you can start with baby steps and make small adjustments to the lifestyle, before making drastic decisions.
Simple Tricks Which Help You Mentally Prepare for Keeping a Diet
Did you know there are some painless ways of losing weight? Here are some tricks that can help the fat melt away with almost no effort:
- Add as many veggies and fruits to your meals. By replacing your usual meals rich in carbs with these foods, you will feel full for longer and reduce the calories intake over the day
- If the simple idea of going to the gym gives you, chills find some other outdoor activity you enjoy. You don’t have to do push-ups and crunches anymore, instead, ride the bike, go for a run in the park, take the dog out for a walk around the neighborhood, go hiking, play volleyball on the beach. There is a wide list of opportunities to workout without feeling like working out. Just find the one you enjoy most
- Switch the foods that you love with the low-fat version. This way you can satisfy your cravings without feeling like you sacrifice a lot
- Drink a glass of water before each meal and the hunger sensation will diminish
- Reduce the quantity of the foods you love. Eat smaller portions of fries or pizza and the secret is to use smaller plates. The visual impact can help you avoid craving for more.
These are just some simple trick which can help you prepare for following a complete diet through. Start with small changes, so you won’t feel your world is turned upside down and make the process of losing weight less stressful.
Lose Weight While Eating
There are certain fruits and vegetables that can help you lose the extra weight. They are also known as superfoods, and this category includes:
- Black beans – they have a high content of proteins without any trace of saturated fat
- Oats – are rich in fiber and keep you full throughout the day
- Avocados – contain high levels of oleic acid which can suppress hunger
- Salmon – is a lean source of protein without any additional fat
- Blueberries – are famous for their anti-aging effect and also are rich in fibers and vitamins
- Broccoli – is rich in fibers and has anti-cancer properties
- Brown rice – is a better alternative to white rice due to its high quantity of fibers
By including these foods into your daily routine losing weight will no longer be a challenge impossible to achieve. To see results, you must make changes, but these changes can be taken step by step so that eventually the entire lifestyle can be improved and this way you will maintain the silhouette you worked so hard for.