The sedentary lifestyle and the unhealthy eating habits turned obesity into one of the largest problems of the society all over the world. Recent statistics are alarming as they show that one out of three adults is diagnosed with obesity and one-third of the children and teenagers with ages from 6 to 18 years old are overweight. Sometimes it’s hard to change your daily routine due to the hectic working hours. Cooking healthy meals on a regular basis and having a working out program is what many people only dream off. When finally they decide to do something to lose some weight and results delay in showing up it is discouraging and most of them give up. Changing the lifestyle requires a lot of commitment and patience. Results wouldn’t appear overnight and it takes a lot of hard work.
For those who already have a certain number of failed attempts on the record, it is important to understand that this type of change must be made slowly. Some tricks can make the process seem easier to bare. Also, some including certain vegetables into your daily diet could help shed off the extra pounds easier. Of course, you must choose a diet in order to see results, but there are so many options that all you have to do is find the one that suits best your needs.
Contents of this article
Food can Help you Lose Weight
Yes, that is right! Certain foods can help you lose weight instead of gain it. The secret is to eat fruits and vegetables which contain high quantities of water. Researchers from Tokyo University noticed that women who ate veggies with high water contend had a smaller waistline than the others. It is assumed that the water in these foods makes you feel fuller and as a result, you eat less. This is a simple strategy which could work for anyone by just including more seasonal fruits and vegetables in the meals. The foods that play a fundamental role in helping lose weight are:
- Broccoli – it is rich in calcium and fibers
- Cabbage – it contains high quantities of vitamin C and improves the immune system
- Cauliflower – is an excellent source of vitamin C, folate and is full of cancer-fighting phytonutrients
- Grapefruit – it contains vitamin C, potassium, and folic acid, along with pectin, which is fiber that fights against atherosclerosis. Pink and red grapefruits are also rich in vitamin A and lycopene, a phytochemical with the role to protect arterial walls against the harmful oxidative
- Lettuce – it has only 60-70 calories per pound and is a primary source of all types of vitamins B, manganese, and folic acid, and it helps keep the blood sugar levels under control.
- Radishes – are packed with potassium, antioxidants, folic acid, and sulfur which improve digestion. The leaves contain six times more calcium and vitamin C than the root.
- Spinach – is rich in vitamin K, folic acid, iron and antioxidants like beta-carotene and vitamin C, fighter against age-related macular degeneration of the eyes.
Simple Tricks that Can Help You Shed Those Pounds
If you managed to replace some of your high calories meals with seasonal fruits and vegetables, you can go a step further and make some small adjustments to your habits and lifestyle. Even if they seem just details, within a short time you will notice that the extra weight keeps melting away without much effort. Here are some tricks that could help you feel less stressed out about losing weight and even save some money in the process:
- Try to eat out only once or twice a week and when you do go to a restaurant for dinner replace the usual pasta order with a salad. Try to avoid deals for large size meals. If you want fries, then you should order a small size portion so you can satisfy your craving without exaggerating
- When you go shopping for groceries, do not buy snacks or other unhealthy foods. Evan if later you might crave for some potato chips, the thought of making a trip to the store could be enough to make you give up on eating junk.
- Don’t skip breakfast anymore. A small meal with about 300 calories would help you feel full for longer and avoid the temptation of a salty snack
- Try to find time for short Dance while you wash the dishes or do some crunches during the commercial break of a film. Evan if it doesn’t seem much this daily routine can help you tone your body and feel more energetic
- Smoking doesn’t help your health. Try to quit and join a gym to release the stress of giving up on cigarettes. Make a playlist on your iPod or phone that makes you want to move, and the workout session won’t seem so long anymore.
- Clean out the closet full of salty and sugary snacks. Replace them all with nuts, sunflower seeds, dried This way whenever you feel like having a snack, you will only have healthy options
- Instead of meeting with your friend on a dinner for catching with each other events, try to meet in the park for a run or take the dog out for a walk.
- Try to have an early dinner, before 6.30 in the evening. By not eating before going to sleep your body has the chance to digest your meals and burn the calories.
These are small changes in your lifestyle, so the process of losing weight will no longer seem impossible to follow through. By making this kind of adjustments, you can lose 10 to 60 pounds in just a couple of months.
Finding the Right Diet Plan
The internet and magazines are full of diet plans that promise results. Unfortunately, our bodies react differently to the efforts of losing weight. So, if a diet worked for a friend it is not necessary to for you just as well. To see results, one must find the right diet for its body type. Here are some of the most popular diets lately to choose from:
- Atkins diet is focused on controlling the insulin levels by eating refined carbohydrates
- Mediterranean diet is focused on the eating habits of Southeastern Europe and includes fresh fruits as dessert, beans, nuts, cereals, seeds, olive oil
- Raw food diet involves eating foods and drinks that were not processed
Choosing the right diet plan and support it with some simple tricks in order to change your daily habits will bring you the wanted results and the process won’t seem that exhausting and challenging. And the good part is that by changing your lifestyle the results are here to stay, you will no longer feel like a yo-yo losing weight only to put it back again later.